To provide financial assistance to formal education programs through the high school level.
Our mission is based on the strong belief that “education has the power to transform lives and strengthen communities,” primarily focused on school-related programs.
Areas of Interest
The members of the Executive Committee of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees are dedicated to:
- Identifying areas in which the foundation can have a direct impact for students through programs that are transformational, replicable, sustainable and unique;
- Promoting the development of fuller human potential and achievement of self-sufficiency through educational opportunities;
- Strengthening organizations, educational institutions and their facilities to provide greater access and more effective services in relation to formal education programs;
- Helping to facilitate continuum of services that would result in the greatest impact for participants and overall organizational results by providing funding for programs and services among various nonprofit organizations with similar missions; promoting a reduction in duplication of services while encouraging working relationships and “partnerships”;
- Providing consideration of support for those causes that inherently espouse a similar mission, as well as related goals, beliefs and values of St. John Properties and the Edward St. John Foundation.
The Foundation will give consideration to:
- Educational institutions seeking to improve excellence of academic programs and to provide equal access to indiviguals across all socioeconmic circumstances;
- Community and service organizations seeking to reach the underserved, disadvantaged and “at-risk” populations in order to help them achieve fuller participation as contributing members of the community and society through formal education programs through the high school level.
Types of Grants
The Foundation will only make grants to tax-exempt 501(c)3 institutions and organizations and does not award funding to individuals, or for deficit financing, travel or loans. The following types of grant requests that comply with the Foundation’s mission will be considered:
- Programmatic support
The following types of grant requests are not priorities of the Foundation:
- Capital needs
- Annual fund solicitations, annual giving campaigns
- Ongoing, operating expenses
The Edward St. John Foundation budget allocations are committed through 2018. Therefore, proposals requesting current funding will not be accepted at this time.
The Edward St. John Foundation continues to welcome the opportunity to learn about various non-profit organizations and their related needs that fall within the Foundation’s mission. Contact us about criteria for selection.